Seafood | Beef | Pork | Desserts | Drinks | Beer | Sides
1. CASAMIENTO* $9.95Seasoned whole black beans and rice medley, served with eggs of your choice,fresh white cheese, deep fried plantain and freshly hand-made tortillas.
2. CHORIZO CON HUEVO $10.95Salvadorean sausage scrambled with two eggs and chunky tomato sauce, served with refried black beans, deep fried plantain, sour cream dressing and tortillas.
3. HUEVOS RANCHEROS* $8.99Two fried eggs over medium, topped with spicy ranchero sauce, served with casamiento,fresh white cheese and tortillas.
4. PLATANO FRITO* $7.99Deep fried ripe plantain served with refried black beans and sour cream dressing, served with your choice of a side of tortillas (2) or a French roll.
5. TAMAL DE ELOTE A LA PLANCHA* $9.95A grilled sweet corn tamale served with two eggs of your choice, fresh white cheese, refried black beans, sour cream dressing and a French roll.
6. OMELETTE DE LOROCO Y CHAMPINONES* $10.95Fresh loroco (edible Salvadorean flower), mushrooms, onions, and mozzarella cheese rolled into a fluffy omelette, then topped with cheese, diced tomato and loroco. Served with hash browns.
7. OMELETTE DE CHORIZO $10.99Salvadorean sausage pan fried with chunky tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese rolled into an omelette. Served with hash browns.
8. CEVICHE DE CAMARON $11.99Chopped shrimp marinated in lime, cilantro and cocktail sauce (no heat method) served with avocado, pico de gallo and accompanied with fried corn and plantain chips.
9. CEVICHE DE MARISCOS $11.99A combination of shrimp, fish and snail marinated in lime, cilantro and mint (no heat method) served with avocado and pico de gallo, accompanied with fried corn and plantain chips.
10. COJUTE CHORIZO $9.99Pan fried chorizo cooked with tomato chutney is served on top of deep fried strips of tortilla and tortilla chips. Whole black beans, mozzarella and petacones cheeses are then melted on top, oven baked to perfection. Served with sour cream dressing and guacamole. Slices of jalapeño upon request.
11. BARBACOA $8.99Grilled savory skewered chicken breast marinated with a hint of lime, tequila, tamarind barbeque sauce, and seasonings. Served on a bed of curtido (pickled cabbage), and our papaya sauce.
12. WILD HOT WINGS $6.99Six spicy Buffalo wings served with celery stalks, carrots and our papaya sauce for dipping.
13. COMBO PLATE $9.99A pupusa and tamale of your choice, rice and beans. Served with curtido (pickled cabbage) and salsa.
14. PLATO GUANACO (SALVADOREAN PLATTER) $13.99The typical Salvadorian plate. A pupusa and tamale of your choice, refried beans, deep fried plantain, deep fried yuca root topped with chunky tomato salsa and bits of chicharrón. Served with curtido (pickled cabbage) and salsa.
15. ENCHILADAS SALVADORENAS $9.99Two deep fried corn tortillas seasoned with annatto spices lathered with refried beans, chopped cabbage and your choice of chicken or beef. Topped with a slice of hardboiled egg and Petacones cheese. Served with pico de gallo and guacamole.
16. PUPUSAS $2.50A hand-made tortilla stuffed with your choice of fillings. Served with our very own curtido (pickled cabbage), and salsa. Feel free to combine fillings of your choice!
Queso con Loroco* Cheese and loroco (edible Salvadorean flower).
Chicharrón Seasoned pork.
Revuelta Seasoned pork, cheese, and refried red beans.
Queso con Frijoles* Cheese and refried beans.
Queso con Pollo Cheese with seasoned chicken.
Queso con Ayote* Cheese with minced zucchini, fresh tomato and onion.
Queso con Chorizo Cotija and Monterey jack cheeses blended with Salvadorean sausage and our own tomato chutney.
Queso con Spinaca* Cheese with fresh spinach, blended with seasonings, onion and tomato.
17. TAMALES $2.75Traditional style tamales slow cooked in a fresh banana leaf, stuffed with vegetables and seasonings.
Pisques* Seasoned corn masa (dough) stuffed with refried red beans with onion and garlic.
Pollo o Puerco Boneless chicken or pork, combined with potatoes, green beans, carrots, green olives and onions.
Elote* Sweet corn tamale wrapped in a corn husk with no filling. Served with sour cream dressing.
18. ENSALADA DE JICAMA $10.49Julienne-cut jicama layered on a bed of greens, along with slices of mandarin oranges, radishes, and avocado. Topped with our mango-cilantro dressing, chopped slow roasted turkey and served with a French roll.
19. ENSALADA DE SANTA ELENA $10.99Grilled prawns seasoned with garlic and salt served on a bed of greens, tomato slices, red onion, and mango bits. Dressed with our cilantro-avocado vinaigrette and served with a French roll.
20. ENSALADA CAMPESINA* $9.99A bed of whole black beans with lettuce and fresh greens are layered with roasted corn kernels, diced celery, avocado, baby carrots, and cashew nuts. Topped with our papaya dressing and strips of fried corn tortilla chips, served with a French roll.
21. SOPA DE POLLO $8.99A bowl of tender chicken slowly simmered with vegetables and a hint of fresh mint.
22. SOPA DE RES $8.99A warm, savory bowl of soup boiled with vegetables, seasonings and beef flank.
23. SOPA DE PATAS $9.99Classic Salvadorean soup with beef feet, tendons and tripe slowly simmered with seasonings and vegetables.
24. SOPA DE MARISCOS $12.99A blend of seafood and diced vegetables simmered in a light and creamy broth. All soups served with a side of diced onion, cilantro, lime wedge, jalapeño slices and two tortillas.
25. PAN CON POLLO $8.99Seasoned chicken smothered in a mild tomato sauce with slices of tomato, cucumber and radish topped with mayonnaise in a toasted French roll and served with fries.
26. PAN ADOBADO $8.95Grilled pork rubbed with annatto spice and vinegar topped with shredded lettuce, onions, mayonnaise, mustard, slices of tomato and avocado. Served with fries.
27. PAN PICANTE* $8.95Homemade cheesy jalapeño bread filled with two eggs scrambled with chunky tomato salsa, melted mozzarella cheese and served with a cup of soup of either chicken or beef, or side salad.
28. POLLO ENCEBOLLADO $12.95Boneless chicken slow cooked in a savory onion based sauce, served with rice, salad and tortillas.
29. POLLO GUISADO $12.95Stewed chicken with potato, carrots and spices served with rice, salad and tortillas.
30. POLLO ASADO EN BARBACOA $13.95Grilled half chicken with tamarind barbeque sauce, served with boiled yuca, and salad topped with roasted corn kernels.
31. POLLO EN CREMA DE LOROCO $12.95Tender chicken sautéed with onion, garlic, seasonings, mushrooms and loroco (edible Salvadorian flower) served with rice, salad and tortillas.
32. FILETE DE BACALAO RANCHERO $14.99Pan fried Cod fillet topped with spicy tomato ranchero sauce, served with rice, avocado and tortillas.
33. PESCADO FRITO $13.99Deep fried Tilapia seasoned with garlic and salt served with tomato chutney, rice, salad and tortillas.
34. SALMON A LA BARBACOA $16.99Salmon smothered in flame broiled spicy chiltepe barbecue sauce, served with fried yuca and salad.
35. CAMARONES GUANACOS $13.99Sautéed prawns with onion, green bell pepper and chunky tomato sauce topped with mozzarella cheese, served with rice, guacamole and tortillas.
36. CARNE ASADA $16.99Grilled thin-cut seasoned steak served with deep fried Salvadorian sausage (Chorizo), avocado, pico de gallo, rice, whole black beans and tortillas.
37. BISTEC ENCEBOLLADO $14.99A thin-cut seasoned steak marinated in vinegar and spices, pan fried to perfection and topped with sautéed onions and bell peppers served with rice, avocado, whole black beans and tortillas.
35. LOMO DE AGUJA $16.49Grilled New York steak seasoned with black pepper served with casamiento (whole bean and rice medley), deep fried plantain, pico de gallo and tortillas.
36. CARNE DESHILADA $13.99Shredded beef simmered with chunky tomato salsa and then scrambled with two eggs, served with sour cream dressing, casamiento, deep fried plantain and tortillas.
37. LOMO EN SALSA $12.99Top sirloin sautéed with black pepper and mustard, then slow cooked in a savory sauce made of wine, beer, tomato and spices, served with rice and salad.
38. CANOA (PLATANO RELLENO) $9.99Deep fried plantain stuffed with ground beef and vegetables, topped with petacones cheese served with rice and refried beans.
39. CHILE RELLENO* $12.99Pasilla green pepper stuffed with your choice of seasoned pork or cheese, dipped in an egg batter then fried. Topped with tomato sauce and served with rice, refried black beans, salad and tortillas.
40. COSTILLA DE PUERCO $12.99Broiled pork rib sautéed in garlic, chunky tomato sauce with chopped bell peppers, onions and seasonings served with rice, whole black beans, pico de gallo and tortillas.
41. CARNE ADOBADA $13.49Grilled aged pork tenderloin marinated in vinegar with achiote (annatto spice) and other seasonings served with rice, refried beans, salad and tortillas.
42. PASTELITOS DE CARNE $6.99Pockets of corn tortillas filled with minced seasoned pork and vegetables, deep fried and served with curtido (pickled cabbage) and salsa.
43. YUCA FRITA O COCIDA CON CHICHARRON $11.99Yuca root, fried or boiled, served with bits of fried pork, curtido (pickled cabbage) and salsa.
44. ATOL DE ELOTE $3.99A sweet corn drink served hot and topped with ground cinnamon.
45. FLAN $5.50Chocolate cake and vanilla flan married in a combination of flavors served with chocolate sauce. Please also try our newly added cheese cake flan!
46. TARTALETA $6.50A cookie crust topped with custard, seasonal fruit and a sprinkle of shredded white chocolate.
47. TRES LECHES $5.99Vanilla cake dipped in a special blend of three milks topped with berries, whipped cream and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
48. EMPANADAS DE PLATANO $3.50Sweet plantain banana empanadas filled with Salvadorian custard or refried beans topped with white chocolate shavings.
HOUSE SPECIALTIES $2.99HORCHATA Sweet drink made of sifted rice, morro and sesame seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg.
FRESCO DE ENSALADA Tropical fruit drink made of diced pineapple, apple, marañon (cashew fruit), and refreshing lettuce.
TAMARINDO Refreshing drink made from soaked tamarind pulp.
SOFT DRINKS $2.50Cola, Sprite, Kolashampan, lemonade, and more.
OTHERJuice $2.75 - Orange and apple.
COFFEE OR ICED TEA $2.50
HOT COCOA $2.50
HOT TEA $1.99 Chamomile, Green tea or Black tea
TAP BEERAlaskan Amber, Widmer, Modelo Especial, Pacifico
IMPORTED BOTTLED BEERCorona, Pacifico, Negra Modelo, Heineken
DOMESTIC BOTTLED BEERBud Light, Budweiser
Please ask your server for beer prices!
CHORIZO $3.50 Salvadorean Sausage
TOCINO $1.99 Bacon
HUEVOS $1.50 Two Eggs
CASAMIENTO $2.99 Whole black bean and rice medley
ARROZ $1.99 Rice
FRIJOLES $1.99 Refried or Whole Black Beans
CREMA $1.50 Sour Cream
QUESO $1.99 Hard or Fresh Cheese
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of food-borne illness, especially if you have a medical condition.
© 2012 El Comal - Salvadorean Cusine. All Rights Reserved